Do you dream of starting your own business? Do you know what skills and traits are needed to be a successful entrepreneur? More importantly, do you think you have what it takes?
This article will touch on 7 of the most important traits of a successful entrepreneur.
- Self-confidence – the successful entrepreneur is noticeably confident. Self-confidence is an extremely important characteristic for the successful entrepreneur. Before you start your business, you should feel confident in your abilities and trust yourself and your unique set of skills. When and if the time comes, the successful entrepreneur knows how to summon the drive and determination needed to achieve his dream of starting his own business. He should be confident enough to tackle adversity and resolve any problems that could interfere with his dream.
- Risk taker – successful entrepreneurs don’t always play it safe. They know when to trust their instincts and act on a hunch. Some of the greatest business ventures in history started from a simple “gut feeling” or “hunch”. Let’s face it, there’s always the risk of loss or failure, but the successful entrepreneurs is not afraid to take that chance.
- Fiscally fit – the successful entrepreneur is careful with his finances. He understands the value of money and is usually very particular about his expenditures for his business as well as in his personal life. He may have learned the value of money at an early age; maybe as a teenager who mowed lawns after school or a little boy who took the neighbors trash out every evening.
- Good Intuition – some entrepreneurs claim to “just know” (hunch) if a product or service is going to be a success. No, they aren’t psychic, most likely they just really pay attention to what’s going on in the world around them. They pay attention to the latest trends and are usually active in their industry in some way.
- Competitive nature – the business world is highly competitive regardless of the industry you’re in. The successful entrepreneur knows he must be aggressive if he wants to achieve his dream. He doesn’t feel threatened by his competitors and is always looking for ways to make his business stand out from the crowd. He’s not afraid to work hard to be successful.
- Honorable habits – the successful entrepreneur has a good work ethic. He welcomes suggestions and criticism from his customers or clients and diligently looks for ways to improve his business products and services based on those suggestions. He believes that good work ethic will lead to better business practices, improved business reputation and good standing among industry peers and business associates.
- Vacation time – the successful entrepreneur recognizes the importance of leisure time. He knows when it’s time to step back and relax and spend quality time with family and friends. Taking time away from the hectic business world rejuvenates our mind and body and allows us to better deal with the stresses and strains that inevitably come with having our own business.
There you have it – 7 of the most important traits of a successful entrepreneur.
Keep in mind that just because you possess some or all of these traits there is never a guarantee that you will be successful. These are but a few of the ingredients in the recipe for success. If you do happen to possess these traits, congratulations! You have a solid foundation to start building your success. - Virtual Shelley