5 power foods for the busy entrepreneur
Most busy entrepreneurs unfortunately survive on a diet of caffeine, fried and fast food. Often this means throughout your day, your energy levels go through ups and downs, not to mention often feeling bloated and fatigued. It is however important to maintain your energy levels to ensure your productivity is not affected.
Here are fitness guru Jocelyn Thompson’s top five superfoods that can help you perform at your peak:
1. Mackerel or salmon: These fish are rich in Omega 3 and mackerel is so dense it is touted to relieve stress and depression. We should all add these to our weekly diets at least twice a week.
2. Leafy greens: There is no doubt that dark leafy greens, like spinach, lettuce and kale, are the cornerstone to any healthy diet, the darker the colour the higher the nutrient value.
3. Raw cacao: Chocolate comes from the cacao bean. Use the raw beans and mix with dates and or Goji berries above for a energy a lift as well as a health a boost. You can also get the powder from your local health foods store and sprinkle over your fruit and yoghurt.
4. Goji berries: For a dash of colour add these to your oats or to your smoothies. They are packed with anti-oxidants and make a great snack mixed with nuts by the handful at your desk.
5. Chia seeds: These are a serious friend for any person embarking on an eating plan. Sprinkle over salads, mix in smoothies or even eat plain as a snack. Virtually no calories and packed with Vitamin C, minerals and protein. They swell in your stomach and make you feel full.
[Main photo source: Belle’s Patisserie]