Everything you Need to Know about Vodacom’s Business-to-Business Portal
Vodacom is looking to further empower SMEs with the launch of its new trading portal that will give them access to new opportunities.
The Vodacom Trade Direct is a business-to-business portal that connects Vodacom’s SME customers – both buyers and sellers – in a secure and reliable online environment. The purpose of the portal is to simplify the procurement process, giving businesses access to a broader market.
The portal offers two categories of registration, Chief Officer for Vodacom group corporate affairs, Takalani Netshitenzhe, said in an interview with IT Web. “The first category is the supplier category that gives SMEs access to eCatalogues for product promotion, a notification every time a tender matches their business keywords, as well as enabling their business’ location to be pinned on Google Maps. The second category is a buyer category that allows for SMEs to advertise tenders, obtain requests for quotes and connect with businesses in their geographical area.”
The portal already has a network of 69 588 registered small businesses, 2 076 tenders and 21 active requests for quotes.
Below are reasons SMEs should take advantage of the portal:
Benefits to suppliers
- List your business in a verified trade directory.
- Receive daily tender alerts matching to your company offering – manage your preferred industry sectors, regions and keywords.
- Get invited to quote and respond through a secure online system.
- Issue your own quote requests to get lower prices on your procurement costs.
Benefits to buyers
- Access to comprehensive company profiles with all the relevant information to assist in the procurement due-diligence process.
- Rely on the information integrity verified by the Vodacom call centre, including:
– The BBBEE Certificate has been checked
– Black Ownership credentials have been checked
– Company Registration details have been checked with CIPC
– Tax Clearance Certificate is current
• Use the advanced keywords search to find specific profiles.